"I don't update everyday tho, i write whenever the mode comes." - Sakinah








Hello and welcome to my blog. I'll just share my own stories that i think it will be fine to shared here. Too busy to update everyday or i can say that maybe im to shy to share my honest thought. Feel free to be here. Thanks for the visit.
NETWORK



CONTACT ME

You guys can contact me in my social media! If you have anything to ask can ask me here, you guys can comment anything about my entry there too.

RECENT STORIES

MONTHLY ARCHIVE



BLOGLOVIES

» friend.
» friend.
» friend.
» friend.
» friend.
» friend.
» friend.


My favourite Indian sweets
Saturday 17 November 2018 at 00:54


Assalamualaikum,

Yesterday i went shopping with my family for my brother upcoming ceremony? Majlis berkhatan. We went to Jakel, Kamdar, Angsana, Gayatri and etc but on the way back, we saw a INDIAN SWEET SHOP. It's my first time seeing it here, the shop is near to city square, behind Amma Restaurant. It's called JJ Sweet. I thought there was no Indian sweet shop in Jb, this is the first shop they opened here & they just opened 3 month ago.

In Malaysia, we rarely see a shop that literally sell only sweets, cs normally they will sell sweets at indian restaurant so there are less choice. Usually i won't get what i wanted there.

The uncle and aunty at that shop was really kind, they gave us a lot of freebies. We tasted a lot of sweets there for free. It was really nice. Last week i went to 7 spicy at Danga Bay and i tried Gulab Jamun for the first time, it was hella sweet and surely not my taste. But then at that shop they gave us gulab jamun to try and it was different, it was not thhhaat sweet as i ate before.

Actually my family rarely eat indian sweets. We only eat when we or anybody of our relatives goes to India & they will bring back sweets as souvenir. It's very unhealthy because it is full of sugar and yet we can't resist it taste lol. 

If the sweets names are wrong please help me by commenting the real one cause i just name as how i pronounce it.


1. Palkova 

This one is google image, palkova usually look like this but there is another one and im not sure if taht is also palkova or not.



This one also palkova, it can be in any shape. I bought this at that shop i mentioned earlier. This one taste soooo good. My favourite ever!!!




2. Kesari

Kesari is my fav too. Omg i crav for it always & i love kesari that my mom do. Especially rava kesari wowww. I think this is the easiest sweet that can be prepared. You can buy the ready made one, just add ghee and water and cook, i guess? I always see my mom do that before. But now she can do it herself, no need ready made one, more delicious of course! From what i see, she use rava flour ( tepung suji), ghee (minyak sapi), badam & raisin. And she roast the rava flour in ghee, sugar, water and bla bla bla. But i think the ratio of water, flour & sugar is important. I think i can make my own kesari. Lol.

This picture i took at 7 Spice ( Danga Bay), verrry verry nice. I love ittt. I will go again just to eat kesari, milkshake and chicken tikka masala. Im craving!! But if you guys go the better i remind you first, the food there is awesome same goes to the price. Sometimes for only 4 people it can cost RM600. It depends on what you eat. Last week, me, my sis & my father we ate there and cost us RM300 ( we tapau Chetinatu crab ). The crab was RM120. So it was okay for what we ate.




3. Jelebi 

It not my top fav, but i can eat one. It's my bro fav sweet. Jelebi is his life. The picture below is from google image, yesterday we bought jelebi but he ate it faster. I think he got scared if i ask for it.


                                       

4. Gulab Jamun 

Also not my fav, but it was really nice. This one i ate at 7 Spice, RM10.

                                                   

5. Soan papdi 

I cryyyy. This is my favourite. Me and my sister always call it paper sweet, cause you know when you eat it you can slice it like paper. What am i saying? Hahaha. I rarely got to eat this. This one taste better in India. 

There is more but i don't really know their names. So maybe i will update it later. The pic below is the shop i mentioned. Trust me, they make good sweets.






*UPDATED* 

Finnaly i got sweet from india!! My uncle went there, and i get to eat soan papdi!!


soan papdi 






← O L D E R P O S T
N E W E R P O S T →






© 2013 - Layout created by Fluerica.
Do you know ?Honesty is the best policy in life